Feb 23, 2010

Margin. How Much Is Enough?

Margin is a word I think about almost daily, these days.

Too much margin and a person can drift, waste time, get lost, not rise anywhere near their potential.

Too little margin and a person can suffocate, get crushed by an overload, have nothing left over.

As a photographer, I appreciate just the right amount of margin.

Too much margin? I'm not sure what to shoot. I'm not conforming my photographs into my vision. I'm wandering. My photographs will eventually show it.

Too little margin? There's no room for energy or creativity. I shoot before I think. Just like that last president.

Just enough margin? I'm pushed a little, with optimal constraints, I've got to optimize, must FOCUS... to make my best creation under the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment