Apr 1, 2011

"Beside Myself"



This is my image for an art show along with 7 other artists who were asked to create a piece (various media) in response to viewing the documentary film, "Wrestling For Jesus," which world-premieres in the Wisconsin Film Festival Saturday (tomorrow) at 5:45pm.

Following the screening, at 7:30pm there will be a Premiere Party and Art Show at Lucent Room Studio, 305 S. Livingston Street. It's an interesting documentary and Nate Clarke (filmmaker and nice guy, you should meet him) has gotten some nice press at 77 Square, Isthmus, WISC-TV, and elsewhere.

This was my first time to create art in response to the themes in a documentary film (or any film) and I love the experience, I hope there are more opportunities to do this. I'm in the process of hanging the show in the studio, and there are some very interesting pieces in a variety of media.

I'm looking forward to seeing the film again on the big screen, and the party and art show. You're welcome to join any or all of the above.

P.S. I just heard the film might be close to selling out. If you miss it, come to the Premiere Party and Art Show, and ask Nate in person how you can see the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment